Throughout the year, ICCC organizes economic and trade missions in Western Canada (British Columbia and Alberta) and Italy. These activities create business opportunities and help to establish long term trade relations between Italian and Canadian SME's operating in variety of industry sectors.
The Italian Chamber of Commerce in Canada, in collaboration with Veronafiere is providing assistance to wine importers, distributors and restaurateurs interested in attending the 49th edition of Vinitaly, in Verona from 22 – 25 March, 2015.
For four days every year Verona becomes the World Capital of quality Wines. Vinitaly is a prestigious exhibition of the world’s best wines, enabling all operators to make "the trip around the wine world in four days”. The 2014 edition welcomed more than 4,000 exhibitors with 155,000 visitors (56,000 international from 120 countries) participating in major events, meetings, tastings and targeted workshops together with an impressive convention programme to discuss and analyze important topics associated with supply and demand in Italy, Europe and the rest of the world.
We are pleased to offer to selected Canadian companies (wine buyers, importers, agents, distributors, liquor stores & restaurateurs) a special promotional ICCC - VINITALY PACKAGE* (approximate value $ 4,000) consisting of the following benefits:
ICCC – VINITALY PACKAGE*
- $ 500 contribution towards your return airfare to Italy ($ 500 value)
- 4 nights' accommodation in a single room at a 4 star HOTEL in or close to Verona – TBD (guests who would like to stay in a double room will pay the difference) ($ 1200 value)
- 1 free tradeshow pass and 1 free copy of Vinitaly 2015 catalogue ($ 200 value)
- VIP LOUNGE pass (relax area, Internet access, free coffee, drinks and refreshments all day) ($ 200 value)
- TASTE & BUY workshops with Italian producers of your choice (one and a half day - dates to be confirmed) – MANDATORY (Priceless!)
- Business assistance during the show including interpreting, etc. ($ 750 value)
- Complimentary breakfasts & lunches ($ 250 value)
- 4 complimentary dinners (3 at your hotel) including Gala Dinner hosted by Veronafiere (dates to be confirmed) ($ 400 value)
- Free transportation (shuttle bus) to and from hotel and exhibition ($ 300 value)
ICCC-VINITALY PACKAGE cost:
ICCC Members: $200
Six (6) qualified wine buyers from Western Canada will be selected by Vinitaly Organizing Committee to benefit from the above package.
Corporate members of the Italian Chamber of Commerce ($550 level) will be granted a special recommendation by ICCC and if selected will only have to pay an administration fee of $ 200 to participate in this trip. Please follow the link below if you would like to join the Chamber:
* Please note that the ICCC - VINITALY PACKAGE will be made available only to companies that will fully commit to the “TASTE & BUY – VINITALY INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP” programme that requires selected companies to attend 11 appointments (30 minutes each) per each TASTE & BUY workshop (dates to be confirmed) with Italian wine producers of your choice . A comprehensive list of the Italian wine producers from which you will select your preferences will be communicated in the next couple of weeks.
All qualified wine importers, agents, distributors and restaurateurs that will register for ICCC - VINITALY PACKAGE but WILL NOT BE SELECTED at this time, will receive complimentary 4-day pass to the VINITALY 2014 show.
The Chamber is currently negotiating a possibility of organizing an educational wine tour in order to introduce Canadian wine industry professionals to some typical and unique indigenous grape varieties cultivated in selected Regions of Italy. We will keep you informed of any developments but we anticipate that the tour will take place immediately before or after Vinitaly and there will be no additional cost to selected qualified participants from Western Canada.
Please complete the ONLINE Vinitaly 2015 application form at your earliest convenience but no later than Feb10th (follow the link below) :
The Italian Chamber of Commerce is inviting food importers and distributors in Canada to participate in a trade mission to "OLIO CAPITALE", 8th International Top Quality Extra-Virgin Olive Oil Show in Trieste, Italy from March 7th to 10th 2014.
Qualified food importers and distributors in Western Canada will be offered the following incentives:
• contribution of $1,000 towards return flight to Italy;
• up to 4 nights accommodation;
• Welcome cocktail + Wine and typical Mediterranean food tasting;
• local transportation;
• daily meals;
• interpreting services;
• business matching and customized B2B agenda.
If you wish to participate in this initiative please fill out the application form and kindly send it back to our office by Friday, February 14th.
If your application is accepted by the organizer, Aries, you will be required to guarantee your attendance at the planned meetings, according to the agenda set up specifically for you. Please note that qualified companies will be chosen on a first come first served basis and in the selection process preference will be given to corporate members of ICCC. An administration fee of $350 will be applied.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the Italian Chamber of Commerce at email@example.com or 604-682-1410.